Hello everyone it’s been quite sometime that I haven’t done the interview series. I had to work on some things but I am back to bring you some fascinating people.
This week I bring to you someone I have admired for quite sometime because of his business venture and his very in depth sneaker reviews. I remember watching in early January of 2010 him reviewing some very highly sought after Nike SB Bisons. Before this to my knowledge there was no one really reviewing thoroughly Nike SB’s. I had the privilege and pleasure to sit down with Mr. NikeSB6 and chat a little about Suxcess Clothing, sneaker videos, sneakers, and future plans.
How’s it going Mr. NikeSB6, thank you for taking the time with chatting with us from F5ToRefresh. Where are you from originally? Also how did you come up with MrNikeSB6?
- -Thank you for interviewing me and being interested in what I have to say. I just really love Nike SB’s and the “6” is because of where I am from; the Bronx.
First of all I just wanted to say thank you for making some really dope sneaker reviews. What made you start making sneaker reviews in particular Nike SB’s?
- When I started no one was heavy on sneaker reviewing Nike SB’s and just wanted to share my love because no one was doing it. I just felt I had to do it myself. I just wanted to help others making a decision if they had doubt about buying a pair of shoes. I talked about things like the color scheme, quality and the fit of the pair.
How long have you been collecting and how long have you been into kicks?
- I been into kicks for a long time, I started to like kicks since I was 8 years old but changed from consumer to collector and started stacking shoes when I was 13 years old. I did the whole keep you kicks clean with the toothbrush at that time as well. I also got into kicks because of my dad. He was really into shoes, his friends use to call him “Snow Shoes” because he always kept his shoes clean and white.
You started really young in this, I been into sneakers heavy at the same time you were and started doing small jobs to get cash. How did you convince parents to get money for kicks and all?
- I started young man, my pops showed me how to be a hustler and how to make money. My first job was at a hardware store and just worked hard and hustled. When I got older I got myself a different job, got myself an apartment. I spent $500 on rent, some cash here and there on groceries and other stuff and the rest was like$1,500 on sneakers.
Now how did you get into Nike SB’s in particular and just made you start copping more of them?
- It all started when I saw some kid was skating in some Nike SB low Vapors. I didn’t know what they were. I fell in love with the stuffed tongue as well, you didn’t see that on Dunks. I ended up doing my research online later. It was also dope no one else was rocking them where I’m from ‘cuz everyone was rocking J’s.
What was your first pair of Nike SB’s then?
- It was the Nike SB Classic “Grouches” and I still have them to this day and I’ll rock them ’till the soles fall off. Hahaha I buy kicks to wear them.
I know most people have a particular pair of kicks that are their most prized, I’m curious to know first of all what is your most prized SB?
- For most prized SB it would have to be the Nike SB Dunk High Paul Browns or some people call them the “Campers”. I love the color scheme, the brown, blue, and green was dope. The quality of the suede and tongue were dope as well. It’s quality at it’s finest.
Are there other kicks you are interested as well?
- -I’m a big Air Max 1 fan as well. To me it’s all about comfort and the looks. They go hand in hand.
What is your most vivid memory of a pair of kicks, we all have one story that we will always remember.
- -It would have to be a pair of Nike Huarache lows. The color scheme was emerald and yellow. I even had the whole works to match it. I asked my mom and she said no and to go ask my dad. He worked hard and he got them for me. I was so happy when he took me to a spot that had them and they even had my size. It was the perfect size as well. What’s crazy is that on the fucking 4th day I literally stepped on dog shit and it pissed me off. They were stained forever! It hurt me when my mom had to throw them out and was worried my dad would be pissed because he barely got them for me.
Damn man I could imagine that really hurt!
- -It did. I later got the new Huarache lows that had the same color way because they were my favorite non SB.
Now I been knowing and became a fan of your brand Suxcess clothing for some time. When did you start Suxcess and how did you come up with the idea to start your own brand?
- -I started it back in last year in April. I came up with the name because of my YouTube channel. I got the inspiration from peoples comments either be it a thumbs up or people saying you suck. I took the criticism positive and just to try again and give it 100%. It’s also because everyone in life their goal is to be successful and so do I. You can learn more from criticism. I started making shirts because I noticed most brands were making shirts based on Jordan’s and no one was focusing on SB’s. I wanted to come up with something in my own style. My first design was inspired by all my fans that watch my videos. I just wanted to give thanks for all their support.
So what can we expect from Suxcess later on? Any info or hints for some future stuff?
- -I take my time when I do my shirts and stuff because I always want to give 100% in all I do. You don’t want to half ass things, you know what I mean? Expect more dope designs and some embroidered stuff coming up soon I have a lot of ideas that you guys will see in the near future.
Any last words for all the readers of F5ToRefresh?
R.I.P Dad, I Love you. Thank you for your support and please check out my sites.
SUXCESS Clothing: Suxcessclothing.com