It’s always amazing to meet sneaker aficionados from all walks of life. It’s always great to hear what the people who buy the kicks have to say on the culture, but it is also awesome to hear what people that work at these famed and great stores have to say. I had the pleasure this week to chat it up with Morsylvia. She is one amazing person with a great sense of humor and so many fresh kicks. She has been working in the field for quite sometime and has seen changes and great things in the culture. Please enjoy what she has to say.
Thanks again for allowing us to have a minute of your time for the site. We know you been really busy lately with all the sneaker releases that have been dropping left and right.
- Hahaha, thank you for considering me to be part of this series. It’s a pleasure and honor.
So how long have you been into sneakers?
- I would have to say it started back in middle school. I have a twin brother that parents use to buy him Jordans and I wasn’t allowed to have them hahaha. The reason was because I would tear apart my shoes like crazy. I was always active and into sports that would make my shoes get ruined faster. I would see my brother clean his shoes right after he got home. I wasn’t like that. Hahaha. I was rough as a kid. I had scuffs on them by the end of the day of getting them.
What was the first pair of sneakers you instantly fell in love with?
- It would have to be in middle school when I saw some Air Force 1s that were all white and have a clear sole with a bubble clear swoosh. I loved everything about them. This was also the first pair os shoes that I owned that I took really good care of them. They were just so amazing to look at.
When you are looking for sneakers for yourself what catches your attention and what do you look for?
- I really like bright colors of sneakers. I love them to have a lot of color and be really unique. A few years back I use to buy everything just to have. Now I only buy what I really like. Working with the company I am able to see a lot of releases that catch my attention and get ideas of what I am going to buy.
What is your favorite pair of sneakers you have owned?
- It would have to be a pair of Nike Dunks that were a plaid color. It was a combination of navy blue on the toe and the rest of the shoe had a plaid combination of red, yellow, and forest green all over. The shoe dropped somewhere around 2003 and 2004. It has been my favorite of all time. I am still on the search to get another pair.
So what do you think applies to you “Buy to rock or buy to stock”?
- Nowadays I still get my shoes dirty but take better care of them. Personally I wear all my shoes. I only have 2 dead stock pairs in my closet. I wear all my pair besides though. For me they are shoes and once they are done they are done. I believe people should wear all their shoes. I like showing off all my shoes and getting compliments as well. Why just leave them in a box? To me there is no point to that. You might as well wear them and enjoy them before they crumble.
What is a pair of sneakers are you on the hunt for?
- I would really like to get a pair of Tiffany SB’s. I am a big fan of dunks and those are just so awesome. I would love to have them some day. Those really caught my eye since the beginning.
What are some last words you would like to give all our readers out there?
- People should stop worrying about pleasing others. People should buy what you like and not care what others think about your choices. Be true to yourself and buy what you like. You really shouldn’t be buying shoes for other people so they can like them. Also, to all the females out there that buy shoes just to please others and they really don’t like them in the first place, they shouldn’t buy them if they really are not cool with them. I also think all this heavy reselling has got to stop. Reselling is really hurting the market and the love for shoes as well.